Turtle & Bullfrog Regulations
Bullfrogs may be taken with hook and line, gig, spear, bow and arrow or other methods, except firearms, under a resident or nonresident fishing license. Bullfrogs taken with a firearm require a hunting license. Bullfrogs may be taken year-round provided that:
- no more than 15 bullfrogs per day are taken;
- bullfrogs may not be sold or shipped out-of-state;
- the Wichita Mountains NWR is closed to bullfrog harvest.
Turtles may be taken in all waters with a resident or nonresident fishing license with the provisions listed below. Turtles taken with a firearm require a hunting license. Turtles may be taken year round provided that:
- no more than six turtles per day are taken;
- shooting of turtles on federal reservoirs is prohibited;
- terrestrial (land) turtles may not be sold;
- taking of the western chicken turtle, map turtle, painted and razorback musk turtles and / or alligator snapping turtle is prohibited;
- the Wichita Mountains NWR is closed to turtle harvest;
- no aquatic turtles may be sold or purchased without the proper commercial turtle harvester or buyer’s license.