Game Harvest Reporting
New York Hunting
Hunters are required to report the harvest of deer, bear and turkey within 7 days of take. You may report your harvest using one of these methods:
- Online: www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8316.html
- By phone: 1-866-GAME-RPT (1-866-426-3778).
- Game Harvest Mobile App (see below for details).
Take it • Tag it • Report it
Harvest reporting is the LAW and necessary for wildlife management!
DID YOU KNOW?
You may be fined up to $250 for failing to report your deer, bear or turkey take.
Report your Game Harvests via Mobile App!
DEC’s mobile app, NY Fishing, Hunting & Wildlife by Pocket Ranger, has added a new e-license and game harvest reporting tool. Hunters now have a quick, user-friendly way to:
- gain instant, mobile access to an electronic version of sporting licenses and privileges;
- report the harvest of deer, bear and turkey on a smartphone immediately while afield, even when out of cellular range;
- view current and past harvest reports.
The NY Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife App can be downloaded from the Apple App store or Google Play store. To access the game harvest reporting feature, simply click on the e-License/Report Harvest icon within the app.
NOTE: You will need a DEC Automated Licensing System (DECALS) user name and password in order to access your license documents through the app. If you have not yet created an online user name and password, visit the DECALS website today. Questions? – Call our sporting license hotline at 866-472-4332.
Report Your Game Harvest
DEC now offers three ways to report:
- Online through the DEC website http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8316.html
- By phone 866-426-3778
- Immediately while afield using our NEW mobile app (see info at left).
It’s not just the law, it’s good wildlife management!