Game Harvest Reporting
New York Hunting
Hunters are required to report the harvest of deer, bear and turkey within 7 days of take. You may report your harvest using one of these methods:
- Online: www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8316.html
- By phone: 1-866-GAME-RPT (1-866-426-3778).
- Game Harvest Mobile App (see below for details).
Take it • Tag it • Report it
Harvest reporting is the LAW and necessary for wildlife management!
DID YOU KNOW?
You may be fined up to $250 for failing to report your deer, bear or turkey take.
Report your Game Harvests via Mobile App!
DEC’s mobile app, HuntFishNY provides hunters with an e-license and game harvest reporting tool. Hunters now have a quick, user-friendly way to:
- gain instant, mobile access to an electronic version of sporting licenses and privileges;
- report the harvest of deer, bear and turkey on a smartphone immediately while afield, even when out of cellular range;
- view current and past harvest reports.
The HuntFishNY App can be downloaded from the Apple App store or Google Play store.
NOTE: You will need a DEC Automated Licensing System (DECALS) user name and password in order to access your license documents through the app. If you have not yet created an online user name and password, visit the DECALS website today. Questions? – Call our sporting license hotline at 866-472-4332.