- Any action to frighten fish and move them from concealment, including herding, driving, kicking and stoning is prohibited.
- Angling is prohibited from January 1 through March 31, and between sunset and sunrise from April 1 through May 15 and October 1 through December 31 except for those stream sections listed below.
- Possession of landing nets larger than 50" around the frame or with handles longer than 20" is prohibited except for those stream sections as listed below.
- Use of more than one line with a single hook point is prohibited except for those stream sections listed below.
- Possession of hooks with a gap greater than ½" is prohibited except for those stream sections listed below.
Stream sections for which additional tributary regulations b, c, d and e above do not apply: (Trout season is closed January 1 through March 31 in these sections.)
- West River and Sucker Brook from Canandaigua Lake upstream in Ontario County.
- Guyanoga Creek from Keuka Lake upstream to Rt. 54A bridge, Yates County.
- Cayuga Inlet and flood control channel from Cayuga Lake upstream to posted “NO FISHING” boundary below the fishway in Tompkins County.
- Old Barge Canal from Seneca Lake upstream to northernmost Rte. 14 bridge in Montour Falls, Schuyler County.
- Yawgers Creek from Cayuga Lake upstream to abandoned Lehigh Valley railroad bridge in Cayuga County.
- Owasco Inlet from Owasco Lake upstream 0.7 mile to marked boundary at old railroad bed in Cayuga County.
- Fall Creek from Cayuga Lake to the downstream edge of the railroad bridge below Rt. 13 in Ithaca, Tompkins County.
Note: Dutch Hollow Brook from Owasco Lake to Rt. 38A: fishing or dip-netting prohibited from March 16 to the opening of walleye season.