New Jersey Hunting
- Carrying a loaded firearm within 450 feet, or a nocked arrow within 150 feet of a building or within 450 feet of any school playground (whether or not occupied) is prohibited, except the owner or lessee of a building and persons specifically authorized by him in writing may hunt with a firearm within 450 feet or a bow within 150 feet of the building. Note: persons authorized to hunt with a firearm within 450 feet or with a bow and arrow within 150 feet of a building must be in possession of that written permission while hunting. (See Safety & Hunting Opportunities for diagram with complete safety zone explanation. See also Safety Zone, General Hunting Regulations.)
- Discharging a firearm or a bow and arrow on or across highways or roads.
- Discharging a firearm or a bow and arrow from a motor vehicle, including ATVs.
- Sights which project a spot or light onto the game animal.
- Hunting for or shooting any wildlife by aid of a light, except when hunting raccoon, opossum while on foot or when hunting coyote/fox during the special coyote/fox season.
- Hunting or shooting with the aid of a light attached to or carried in a vehicle.
- On national wildlife refuges, the distribution of bait and/or hunting over bait. Also, no Sunday hunting on these lands.
- Hunting with arrows, darts or any other device propelled by any means that is used for the purpose of injecting or delivering any type of drug into an animal.
- Possessing a loaded firearm in or on a motor vehicle, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs). Possession of a loaded firearm in or upon a vehicle is considered proof of pursuing or taking of wildlife.
- Transporting an uncased firearm in or on a motor vehicle or ATV or transporting a cocked crossbow in or on a motor vehicle or ATV.
- Shooting into a squirrel’s nest.
- The removal of the skin or feathers or mutilation of any wild bird or mammal in the woods or fields for the purpose of concealing sex or identity is illegal.
In the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, the following apply:
- Baiting is prohibited.
- No permanent treestands or screw-in steps are permitted.
- You cannot possess a loaded firearm while on any publicly traveled roadway within the area.
- Trapping is prohibited.
- No Sunday bowhunting.