New Jersey’s Stocking Programs – Trout
Raised with pride at New Jersey Division of Fish & Wildlife’s Pequest Trout Hatchery
- Over 570,000 brook, brown and rainbow trout
- Average size: 10.5 inches and ½ pound
- An additional 6,000 breeders 15–21 inches (3–6 pounds)
- Most waterbodies stocked at least three times
- 100 streams and 80 lakes stocked statewide
- All 21 counties stocked
- 180,000 trout released for Opening Day—April 9, 2011
- Stocking continues for seven weeks following Opening Day
- Second and third weeks in October
- All large, two year old trout, measuring 14–16 inches
- 20,000 trout stocked
- 30 streams, lakes & ponds
- 1,000 Rainbow trout breeders, averaging 20 inches
- Best chance to catch big trout
- All large two year olds, measuring 15–16 inches
- Over 5,000 trout
- 24 lakes and ponds
- Great fishing all winter long!
Sea Run Brown Trout
- Lower Manasquan River
- 15,000 7–8-inch brown trout
- Try this elusive fishery!
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin reaches 20 million sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 47 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 22 state agencies.
For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com