Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
The 2014 Oklahoma Waterfowl Guide is now available!
To view the new guide, please view the Digital Edition
. Check back in the coming days as we work to put up the new 2014 website.
Below is content from the 2013 guide.
New Jersey’s Stocking Programs – Trout
Raised with pride at New Jersey Division of Fish & Wildlife’s Pequest Trout Hatchery
- Over 570,000 brook, brown and rainbow trout
- Average size: 10.5 inches and ½ pound
- An additional 6,000 breeders 15–21 inches (3–6 pounds)
- Most waterbodies stocked at least three times
- 100 streams and 80 lakes stocked statewide
- All 21 counties stocked
- 180,000 trout released for Opening Day—April 9, 2011
- Stocking continues for seven weeks following Opening Day
- Second and third weeks in October
- All large, two year old trout, measuring 14–16 inches
- 20,000 trout stocked
- 30 streams, lakes & ponds
- 1,000 Rainbow trout breeders, averaging 20 inches
- Best chance to catch big trout
- All large two year olds, measuring 15–16 inches
- Over 5,000 trout
- 24 lakes and ponds
- Great fishing all winter long!
Sea Run Brown Trout
- Lower Manasquan River
- 15,000 7–8-inch brown trout
- Try this elusive fishery!
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com