Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
Disabled Veteran Licenses, Stamps & Permits
Free hunting and fishing licenses, stamps and permits are available for resident disabled veterans.
For the purposes of this program, legislation defines disabled veterans as “…any resident of New Jersey who has been honorably discharged or released under honorable circumstances from active service from any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States and who has been declared by the United States Department of Veteran Affairs, or its successor, to have a service-connected disability of any degree…”
New applicant disabled veterans may obtain their hunting and fishing licenses and stamps at the following Fish and Wildlife field offices:
- Pequest Trout Hatchery/Natural Resource Ed. Ctr, Oxford, Warren Co., (908) 637-4125;
- Central Region Office, Upper Freehold Twp., Monmouth Co., (609) 259-2132;
- Southern Region Office, Sicklerville, Camden Co., (856) 629-0090.
Call before going to one of these offices to ensure that staff will be available to assist you. Applications for disabled veteran certification and your first disabled veteran license may be made via the mail by sending the application and all required documentation to:
NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife, Attn: Disabled Veteran Licensing, MC 501-03, PO Box 420, Trenton, NJ 08625-0420
All licenses, stamps and permits for which the veteran is eligible will be free of charge. Disabled Vet status does not give preferential treatment in any lottery. For questions call (609) 984-6213.
Disabled Veteran Applicants:
- Documentation of current benefits for a service-connected disability and proof of honorable discharge (such as a copy of your DD-214, VA card or monthly check stub) must be presented to obtain a free disabled veteran license.
- Applicant must provide a hunter education (archery, shotgun or rifle) course certificate applicable to the license for which he or she is applying or a previously issued resident archery or firearm license or rifle permit. Resident licenses from other states issued to hunters prior to establishing residency in New Jersey will be accepted if the license indicates the sporting arm for which it was valid. Non-resident licenses from other states are not acceptable.
- To obtain the free disabled veteran deer/turkey permits one must first have a free disabled veteran hunting license.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com