Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation

Contact Information

State of New Hampshire

Maggie Hassan, Governor

Glenn Normandeau, Executive Director
New Hampshire Fish and Game Department
11 Hazen Drive • Concord, New Hampshire 03301

NHFG OHRV/Snowmobile Program (603) 271-3129

The N.H. Fish and Game Department is the primary agency responsible for Off-Highway Recreational Vehicle and snowmobile law enforcement, safety education and registration.

Major John Wimsatt, OHRV Program Administrator

Dennis Etchells Jr., OHRV Program Assistant

Law Enforcement Districts


District 1

Region 1, 629B Main St.
Lancaster, NH 03584
(603) 788-3164
Lt. Wayne T. Saunders

District 2

Region 2, Box 417
New Hampton, NH 03256
(603) 744-5470
Lt. Bradley R. Morse

District 3

Region 2, Box 417
New Hampton, NH 03256
(603) 744-5470
Lt. James E. Kneeland

District 4

Region 4, 15 Ash Brook Court
Keene, NH 03431
(603) 352-9669

Lt. David P. Walsh

District 5

Fish and Game HQ
11 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-3361
Lt. Scott F. Lacrosse

District 6

Region 3, 225 Main St.
Durham, NH 03824-4732
(603) 868-1095
Lt. Michael G. Eastman

About This Publication

This publication is a summary of New Hampshire Off-Highway Recreational Vehicle and snowmobile statutes; it is not the complete law or rules. The official laws or rules may be examined at: Legislative Services, New Hampshire State House, Concord, N.H.,

This digest, with enlarged type, is available for the visually impaired.

Call N.H. Fish and Game Public Affairs Division at (603) 271-3211.


N.H. Fish and Game Telephone Numbers

Law Enforcement and Registration

Off-Highway Recreational Vehicle (laws/education) (603) 271-3129
OHRV Registry (603) 271-4300

Hours: 8 a.m.–4:00 p.m., Mon.–Fri.

Dispatch (603) 271-3361

Regular Hours: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Mon.–Fri.

Sept. 1 to Dec. 4: Seven days a week, 7 a.m.–7 p.m.

Questions about N.H. fish and game regulations (603) 271-3127

To Report Fish and Wildlife Violations 24 Hours a Day

Operation Game Thief1-800-344-4262

or (Do not report OHRV/snowmobile violations to OGT)

N.H. Fish and Game

Headquarters (603) 271-3421
Executive Director’s Office (603) 271-3511
Inland Fisheries (603) 271-2501
License Information (603) 271-3421
Marine Fisheries (603) 868-1095
Nuisance Wildlife Questions (603) 223-6832
Public Affairs (603) 271-3211
Wildlife Division (603) 271-2461

Regional Offices

Region 1: Lancaster (603) 788-3164
Region 2: New Hampton (603) 744-5470
Region 3: Durham (603) 868-1095
Region 4: Keene (603) 352-9669

N.H. Fish & Game Commissioners

The numbers on this page are the home phone numbers of Fish and Game
Commissioners. Please use discretion with the timing of your calls.

For questions about N.H. OHRV and snowmobile laws, call (603) 271-3129

Belknap County
John W. McGonagle
(603) 524-3134

Carroll County
David L. Patch
Vice Chair
(603) 387-3771

Cheshire County
Robert Phillipson, Jr.
(603) 352-8336

Fred Clews, Jr.
(603) 926-5072

Coos County
Theodore A. Tichy
(603) 449-2244

Grafton County
Todd Baldwin
(603) 726-3446

Hillsborough County
Walter Morse
(603) 464-3797

Merrimack County
Vincent Greco
(603) 715-9091

Rockingham County
James W. Ryan
(603) 942-8579

Strafford County
Barry Carr
(603) 755-1175

Sullivan County
Thomas H. Hubert
(603) 863-9213

Other Resources

Bureau of Trails: for OHRV
and Snowmobile Trail Maps
(603) 271-3254

New Hampshire
Snowmobile Association
(603) 273-0220

New Hampshire OHVA:
Wheeled Vehicles

Maine OHRV Registry
(207) 287-8000

Vermont OHRV Registry
(802) 828-2000

Regulations in red are new this year.

Purple text indicates an important note.

Return to the home page
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with New Hampshire Fish and Game Department Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC &, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/ directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin reaches 20 million sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 47 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 22 state agencies.
For advertising information, please visit: