Wildlife & Sport Fish Restoration
New Hampshire Hunting
Over 75 Years of Restoring, Managing and Researching Fish and Wildlife
Our thanks to hunters, shooters, anglers, boaters, and our industry partners! With the purchase of firearms and ammunition, archery equipment, fishing equipment, and motorboat fuels, hunters, anglers, boaters and manufacturers pay excise taxes that are distributed to state fish and wildlife agencies for approved projects.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service joins state fish and wildlife agencies, private industry, and the public in a partnership to conserve fish and wildlife resources.
With help from over $150 million in federal aid funding over more than three quarters of a century, N.H. Fish and Game has been able to:
- Gain knowledge through research
- Manage fish and wildlife populations
- Acquire Wildlife Management Areas
- Improve and protect fish and wildlife habitat
- Restore fish and wildlife populations
- Conduct Hunter and Aquatic Education programs
- Construct, upgrade, and maintain more than 140 public access sites for boating and fishing.
Your purchase of hunting and fishing equipment and motorboat fuels supports wildlife and sport fish restoration and boating access facilities.