Ten Commandments of Hunting Safety
- Control the muzzle! Always keep it pointed in a safe direction.
- Treat every firearm with the respect due a loaded firearm.
- Be sure of your target and what lies beyond.
- Be sure the barrel and action are clear of obstructions.
- Unload firearms when not in use.
- Never point a firearm at anything you do not intend to shoot.
- Never climb a fence or tree, jump a ditch, or run, with a loaded firearm.
- Never shoot at a flat, hard surface, or at water.
- Store firearms and ammunition separately.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages or other mood-altering drugs before or during shooting.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.