Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
Ten Tips for Safe Boating
- Don’t Overload Carry only the specified limit for your craft and don’t sit on the gunwales or the transom.
- Wear Life Jackets or Vests State law requires one wearable life preserver for each person in a boat. Kids 12 and under must wear a life preserver.
- Know the Water Always carry a chart (map) of the waters you are boating on.
- In an Accident Your first obligation is to save lives and help the injured. Call N.H. Marine Patrol: (603) 293-2037.
- Water and Alcohol Don’t Mix Sixty percent of recent boating fatalities in NH are alcohol-related. Don’t drink and boat—the .08 law applies to boaters, too!
- Use Your Lights All boats operating after sunset must display lights to be visible to other boaters.
- Use Caution When passing within 150 feet of another boat, swimmers, rafts, shore, docks, or mooring fields, you must be at headway speed.
- Don’t Use the Water as a Dump It is illegal to litter or discharge sewage into the water.
- Don’t Harass Wildlife All wildlife are protected on the state’s waters, subject to strict hunting and fishing regulations.
- Take a Boating Safety Course For info call Boating Education at (603) 267-7256.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with New Hampshire Fish and Game Department Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com