Ten Commandments of Hunting Safety
- Control the muzzle! Always keep it pointed in a safe direction.
- Treat every firearm with the respect due a loaded firearm.
- Be sure of your target and what lies beyond.
- Be sure the barrel and action are clear of obstructions.
- Unload firearms when not in use.
- Never point a firearm at anything you do not intend to shoot.
- Never climb a fence or tree, jump a ditch, or run, with a loaded firearm.
- Never shoot at a flat, hard surface, or at water.
- Store firearms and ammunition separately.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages or other mood-altering drugs before or during shooting.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with New Hampshire Fish and Game Department Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
This publication is a summary of hunting and trapping regulations. It is not the full laws or rules. It is intended only as a guide to seasons, bag limits and other necessary information.
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com