Wild Turkey Regulations
Hunters may only receive one turkey tag in a calendar year
A Tag is Required to Hunt Wild Turkey in Nevada
PLEASE NOTE: As with other game species, applicants are advised that a significant portion of the turkey population occurs on private lands and permission must be secured from the landowner before hunting on private lands. NDOW advises that permission be obtained prior to applying for a tag.
IMPORTANT: Hunters must have a valid hunting license to apply, or they may purchase a license when they are applying online. Successful tagholders must have a valid license while hunting.
Unless hunting privileges are limited or revoked, hunters may apply once during each draw period for one type of hunt for wild turkey. Applicants cannot apply for more than one type of hunt, but can apply for up to five hunter choice numbers within any one hunt. Hunters may only receive one turkey tag per calendar year. An application to obtain a tag may be submitted by a person under 12 as long as they will attain the age of 12 before the opening date of each season for which they will be applying.
Application Instructions for Residents and Nonresidents
Except for those Wild Turkey hunts requiring the landowner to sign the application, Wild Turkey applications must be submitted online through www.ndowlicensing.com. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted. Applications will be accepted until 11 p.m. on Feb. 2, 2021. Applications for bonus points only will be accepted until 11 p.m. on Feb. 9, 2021. The release date will be March 5, 2021. See season tables for the hunts in 0135 and 0137.
Except as specified for the Junior Wild Turkey Hunts and Landowner Hunts, any remaining tags will be available on a first come, first serve basis through www.ndowlicensing.com. Remaining tags will be sold until seven (7) weekdays prior to the close of the season. Only one wild turkey tag can be awarded to an individual during a calendar year.
Only the nonrefundable fees are charged at the time of application and the license fee if you opt to purchase the hunting license. The following fees will be collected after the draw.
- Tag fee
- License fee if you elected only to receive the license only if you draw a turkey tag.
Note: Please make sure there are sufficient funds on your credit card.
Mail in Application for Hunts 0135 and 0137
If submitting, follow payment instructions on application. A guaranteed check, cashier’s check, or money order is best. No out-of-state personal checks will be accepted. A $25 fee will be charged for any personal checks returned by the bank. If a check is returned, an applicant is ineligible until the outstanding fees have been satisfied.
* Predator management fee is required pursuant to NRS 502.253 for costs related to a) programs for management and control predatory wildlife; b) management related to protection of nonpredatory wildlife; c) research; d) programs for the education of the general public concerning the management and control of predatory wildlife. (See NRS 502.253 for full language.)
Wild Turkey Tags
- A tag is required.
- While hunting, the hunter must have in his possession a valid hunting license and a valid tag issued to the hunter.
- A hunter who has killed a wild turkey and taken it into his or her possession shall immediately punch the tag and attach it to the body of the turkey.
(Refer to NAC 502.378)
Weapons and Type of Shot Permitted for Hunting Wild Turkey
- Shotgun-no larger than a 10 gauge nor smaller than a 20 gauge. Shot size no larger than a number 2 pellet.
- Longbow and arrow
- When hunting on a wildlife management area shot must be nontoxic
(Refer to NAC 503.187)
Hunting with a Dog
You cannot hunt, chase or pursue any wild turkey with a dog from March 1-June 30.
(Refer to NAC 503.147)
Turkey Tag Questionnaire
- Complete the survey that is located in your client account at www.ndowlicensing.com.
- For a spring hunt have the questionnaire returned by May 31 by 5 p.m. or by the next business day if May 31 falls on a weekend or state holiday.
- If you do not return the questionnaire within the time specified or give false information then you will be denied all turkey tags for 1 year.
- If you fail to return the turkey tag questionnaire on time, you can restore your privilege to a turkey tag the following calendar year by taking these steps: Pay the Department an administrative fee of $50; and submit the properly completed questionnaire issued as part of the turkey tag by June 30 for a spring hunt and December 31 for a fall hunt (or next business day if June 30 or December 31 falls on a state holiday). Read NAC 502.407 in its entirety for additional information.
(Refer to NAC 502.407)