Nevada’s Trophy Fish Program
Nevada Freshwater Fishing
Click here for the Trophy Fish Entry Form
Enter Your Fish – It May Be A Trophy
The following minimum weight qualifications are established for the various species of fish in the Nevada Trophy Fish Program. Each entry which meets the minimum qualifications will receive a Trophy Fish Certificate.
- Largemouth Bass 5 lbs.
- Smallmouth Bass 3 lbs.
- Spotted Bass 2 lbs.
- Striped Bass 20 lbs.
- White Bass 2 lbs.
- Carp 15 lbs.
- Bullhead Catfish 1 lb.
- Channel Catfish 10 lbs.
- White Catfish 4 lbs.
- Black Crappie 2 lbs.
- White Crappie 2 lbs.
- Sacramento Perch 2 lbs.
- Yellow Perch 0.5 lb.
- Kokanee Salmon 2 lbs.
- Bluegill Sunfish 1 lb.
- Green Sunfish 0.5 lb.
- Pumpkinseed Sunfish 0.5 lb.
- Redear Sunfish 0.5 lb.
- Brook Trout 2 lbs.
- Brown Trout 5 lbs.
- Cutthroat Trout 10 lbs.
- Bull Trout 0.5 lb.
- Mackinaw Trout 10 lbs.
- Rainbow Trout 5 lbs.
- Rainbow/Cutthroat Hybrid Trout 10 lbs.
- Tiger Trout 2 lbs.
- Walleye 6 lbs.
- Mt. Whitefish 1 lb.
- Wiper (White/Striped Bass Hybrid) 5 lbs.
For a fish to be considered in the Nevada Trophy Fish Program the following must apply:
- Fish must be taken legally from Nevada waters.
- Weight is to be taken of whole fish before freezing.
- Length is to be measured from tip of nose to tip of tail.
- Measurements must be witnessed by two other persons, at least one of whom must not be a relative of angler entering contest.
- Angler must provide positive means of identifying the species of fish and include an adequate photograph.*
- Entry must be made within calendar year of date caught to be included in that year’s contest.
- If the fish being entered is a possible Nevada State Record, the fish must be weighed on a scale which has been certified as accurate. The fish must also be witnessed by a Nevada Department of Wildlife employee.
- An entry form must be submitted within 60 days of the fish being caught. To be considered for the Trophy Fish Book, all entries must be submitted by Jan. 31.
* All photos and stories submitted may be used in NDOW publications and on the agency website unless otherwise requested.
Mail entries and photos to:
Nevada Department of Wildlife
6980 Sierra Center Parkway, Suite 120
Reno, NV 89511