OnLine Application Instructions
Questions During Transaction
If you have any questions please call 1-800-576-1020 for online assistance Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Have the following items available to you and be prepared to apply online with the interactive application process and a credit card at www.huntnevada.com.
- Sportsman ID/Social Security Number and Date of Birth or Social Security Number/Sportsman ID number and PIN number (provided on previous applications). For each person in transaction.
- 2015 Hunt category, season and hunter choices for which you want to apply. Refer to the hunt season tables in this booklet.
- Hunting license number if Nevada hunting or combination hunting and fishing license has been purchased prior to this process.
- A current valid credit card with CID number.
A CID is a special security code feature on your credit card. CID Location:
- Discover/Visa/MasterCard: On the back of the card, you should see a 16-digit credit card number followed by a special 3-digit code. This 3-digit code is your CID.
- American Express: There is a 4-digit code printed on the front of your card just above and to the right of your main credit card number. This 4-digit code is your CID.
It is NOT recommended that you use debit cards. Because of the timing of the charges after the draw, and the way some banks handle overdrafts, it is possible that you may incur substantial penalties if there are insufficient funds in the account when charges are made either now or after the draw. These penalties WILL NOT be reimbursed by the Department. It is recommended that you use a credit card rather than a debit card to avoid these potential problems.
Pre-registration of Hunter Education
First time applicants to Nevada and those born after 1/1/1960 will need to pre-register their proof of hunter education up to seven days prior to the tag application deadline. Go to
www.huntnevada.com for instructions on how to preregister OR submit a paper application and a copy of proof of hunter education. This is to satisfy statutory requirements for proof of hunter education certification, NRS 502.330. Once established in the program the hunter education information is retained and will be utilized in future applications.
Proof Your Work
There are multiple opportunities to edit the hunts being applied for during the transaction. Proof your work prior to submitting the credit card. Once submitted, the application cannot be updated except through the application withdrawal process. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all information is current. Check all fields for accuracy.
When you apply online, make sure to provide the email address for all hunters in the transaction to receive their confirmation and any other notices from NDOW.
Opting in as an Alternate
An alternate is an unsuccessful applicant on a list for their first choice on their application for a hunt. The alternate list is used to distribute tags returned to the Department that would otherwise go unused.
If the alternate box is selected, when a tag is returned to the Department the program automatically reissues the tag to the first alternate on the list. Alternates are listed in draw number order. At the time of processing the tag fee will automatically be charged. Alternates can be selected up to 14 business days before the season opens to allow for mailing of the tag.
When applying online you pay the following fees up front:
- Nonrefundable application fees: $15 for elk, $20 for Silver State tag application, $10 all other species except for mountain lion, for which there is no application fee.
- Predator control fee $3 per application.
- $2 fee per application for Residents, $3.50 fee per application for Nonresidents filing electronically.
- License fee if you select to purchase the license regardless of whether you are successful in drawing a tag or not (for bonus points if unsuccessful).
- Stamps purchased at the time of application.
The following fees will be collected after the results of the draw:
- Tag fees from successful clients.
- Partnership in Wildlife (PIW) fees if applicable.
- License fee if you select to receive the license only if you draw a tag.
Make sure there are sufficient funds available on your credit card. If the card is declined, your tag could go to an alternate.
There are circumstances where your applications could still be rejected after submission:
- A paper application submitted in addition to an online application will cause all applications for that species to reject, unless one is withdrawn (see page 44).
- Hunting and fishing revocations identified after submission of application.
- Hunting citations identified after submission of application.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact the Wildlife Administrative Services Office if they do not receive any notice (tag, refund, letter) prior to the start of the hunt. Wildlife Administrative Services Office, P.O. Box 1345, Fallon, NV 89407-1345 or call 1-800-576-1020.