Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
Major Regulation Changes
New regulations appear in red text throughout the website.
- Crayfish: New regulations are in effect on the use and possession of non-native crayfish species as bait (See Common Terms).
- Muskellunge Size Limits: Two waters now have higher size limits on muskellunge (See General Hook & Line Regulations).
- Hook and Line Restrictions: The Clinton River cut-off channel (Macomb County) from the spillway weir to the Harper Rd. Bridge has new fishing regulations (See Exceptions to General Regulations by County).
- Fishing Regulations Change – Craig Lake State Park Waters (Baraga County): The minimum size limit on walleye is now 15”.
- Jewett Lake (Ogemaw County): The special regulations and permit requirement to fish there have been removed and now general statewide regulations apply.
- Spawning Closure: The lower portion of the Betsie River from the Betsie Valley Trail Bridge (former railroad trestle bridge) west to a line in Betsie Bay between the westernmost dock of the Northstar Marina and the westernmost dock of the Eastshore Marina is closed to fishing until further notice.
NOTICE: This brochure is not a legal notice or a complete collection of fishing regulations and laws. It is a condensed guide issued for anglers’ convenience. Copies of Fisheries Orders can be obtained from our website, michigan.gov/dnr.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Michigan Department of Natural Resources allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Michigan Department of Natural Resources Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Michigan Department of Natural Resources neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com