Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
The 2014 New Jersey Freshwater Fishing Guide is now available!
To view the new guide, please download the pdf
. Check back in the coming days as we work to put up the new 2014 website.
Below is content from the 2013 guide.
Major Regulation Changes
New regulations appear in red text throughout the guide.
- Muskellunge Possession Limit Change: Only 1 muskellunge (including tiger muskellunge) may be harvested per season per angler. A new non-transferable muskellunge harvest tag is required to harvest muskellunge. The muskellunge harvest tag is free and is available at all fishing license vendors. (See Common Terms)
- Northern Pike Fishing Regulations: Northern pike regulations now include the establishment of a new 24″-34″ protected slot limit on several waters and a no minimum size regulation where 5 fish may be harvested daily with only 1 northern pike greater than 24″ allowed. (See General Hook & Line Regulations)
- Bow and Spear Fishing Regulations: Crossbows are included as lawful gear on the waters where bow and arrow use is lawful. The spearing prohibition on Houghton Lake in Roscommon County was removed. (See Bow & Spear Regulations)
- Netting Regulations: Netting regulations have been modified and some season dates have changed. (See General Netting Regulations).
- Inland Trout and Salmon Regulations:
Michigan/Wisconsin Boundary Waters
- Muskellunge Possession Limit Change: Only 1 muskellunge (including tiger muskellunge) may be harvested per season per angler. A new non-transferable muskellunge harvest tag is required to harvest muskellunge. The muskellunge harvest tag is free and is available at all fishing license vendors. (See Michigan-Wisconsin Border Regulations)
Platte River and Little Manistee River
- Possession Limit Change: The Platte River daily possession limit is 1 rainbow trout from the Upper (Hatchery) Platte River Weir downstream to Lake Michigan. The Little Manistee River daily possession limit is 1 rainbow trout from 300 feet downstream of the Little Manistee River Weir down to Manistee Lake.
- Spawning Closure: The lower portion of the Betsie River from the Betsie Valley Trail Bridge (former railroad trestle bridge) west to a line in Betsie Bay between the westernmost dock of the Northstar Marina and the westernmost dock of the Eastshore Marina is closed to fishing until further notice.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Michigan Department of Natural Resources allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Michigan Department of Natural Resources Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Michigan Department of Natural Resources neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com