Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
The 2014 New Jersey Freshwater Fishing Guide is now available!
To view the new guide, please download the pdf
. Check back in the coming days as we work to put up the new 2014 website.
Below is content from the 2013 guide.
Wildlife Management Area Regulations
The Division of Fisheries & Wildlife holds 139 Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) and 13 wildlife sanctuaries. Maps are available on-line and at all DFW offices.
- No person shall possess any alcoholic beverage except under permit, or dump or discard any can, bottle, or rubbish.
- No person shall remove vegetation, soil, or stones from any WMA except under permit.
- No person shall use excessive speed in driving a vehicle.
- No person, unless under permit, shall drive or possess any vehicle except on roads or trails maintained for public vehicular traffic.
- No person shall deface or tamper with any sign, building, or equipment.
- No person shall build or maintain a fire without written permission from the Director of the DFW or his designee.
- No person shall camp within any WMA without written permission from the Director or his designee.
- No person shall engage in target practice without written permission from the Director or his designee.
- No person shall use any means other than shotgun or bow and arrow during the pheasant and quail season on areas stocked with pheasant or quail except for hunting raccoons and opossums between 9pm and 3am.
- No person shall hunt before sunrise or after sunset on any WMA where pheasant or quail are stocked during the open season on pheasant or quail, Oct. 15 to Nov. 26, except for the hunting of raccoons and opossums between 9pm and 3am.
- No person shall hunt during the pheasant or quail season on WMAs where pheasant or quail are stocked without wearing a ”hunter orange“ cap or hat except while night hunting for raccoons or opossums or while hunting from a blind or boat.
- No person, except under permit, shall dig or disturb any artifact or archaeological remains.
- The Director may make special regulations to handle special situations peculiar to any WMA. Controlled hunts are in effect at certain times on Martin Burns, Delaney, and Ludlow WMAs. Contact District Supervisor for details.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com