New for 2018
Massachusetts Hunting & Fishing
- All deer harvested during the first week of the shotgun season must be brought to an official check station for biological data collection. Deer harvested during the second week of the shotgun season may be checked online.
- Youth Deer Hunt Permits are available online at mass.gov/massfishhunt.
- For Early Canada Goose season only, hunting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset.
- Youth hunters ages 12–17 may hunt ducks, coot, mergansers and geese during the Youth Waterfowl Hunt season dates.
- Massachusetts Wildlife magazine subscriptions can now be ordered through the MassFishHunt license purchasing system using a credit card, mass.gov/massfishhunt. One year (4 issues) for $6. Two years (8 issues) for $10.
Archery deer season extended: A regulatory amendment has been approved to extend the archery deer hunting season by two weeks in eastern Massachusetts. In zones 10-14, the archery deer season will now open the eighth Monday prior to Thanksgiving. In zones 1-9, the archery deer season will remain the same, opening six weeks before Thanksgiving.