2019 Saltwater Fishing Permit
Massachusetts Saltwater Fishing
Get Your 2019 Saltwater Fishing Permit Today!
Who Needs a Permit?
All anglers age 16 or older that wish to engage in the recreational activity of finfishing, with the following exceptions:
- Anglers who regardless of their age otherwise meet the definition of a disabled person in M.G.L. c. 19C
- Anglers fishing on permitted for-hire vessels (charter/head boat)
- All permitted MA residents may fish in the three neighboring coastal states (NH, RI, CT)
- Permitted anglers from these three neighboring coastal states may also fish in MA waters
- The fee for an individual angler (resident or non-resident) is $10
- No charge for anglers age 60 or over
How Will the Permit Fee Money be Used?
All money from permit fees are deposited into a dedicated account and can only be used for implementing projects that will enhance recreational saltwater fishing including:
- Improvement of public access for recreational saltwater anglers
- Development and implementation of education materials for the public
- Other marine recreational fishing programs approved by the recreational fishing development panel