Archery Hunting At Liberty, Loch Raven, and Prettyboy Reservoirs
Special rules and regulations for deer hunting are in effect on the Liberty, Loch Raven, and Prettyboy Reservoirs. By accepting the permit, the permittee agrees to having read and accepted these rules and regulations governing the Liberty, Loch Raven, and Prettyboy Reservoirs established by the City of Baltimore, Director of Public Works.
- Parking or driving motor vehicles of any description except on hard surfaced roads is prohibited.
- No fires are permitted on the watershed areas at any time.
- Hunting is permitted only from one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
- No hunting within 50 feet of high water shoreline.
- No hunting is allowed south of Liberty Road (MD Rt. 26) on Liberty Reservoir in Baltimore County.
- Hunters must adhere to all regulations established by the Baltimore City Bureau of Water and Wastewater.
- Hunters are warned against the disposal of refuse and trash on the watershed area, and violators will be prosecuted in accordance with the law.
- Although not recommended by Baltimore City Department of Public Works, the use of patented portable tree stands is permitted.
- Portable tree stands must be removed at the end of each day.
- Masks or other face gear shall be removed upon leaving the woods and when approaching within 100 yards of another person.
- Permits are valid for the entire season for the taking of game, except waterfowl, WITH ARCHERY EQUIPMENT ONLY at Liberty and Prettyboy Reservoirs.
- On Loch Raven Reservoir, the permit is valid for deer hunting only with archery equipment in designated areas.
- It is illegal to bait for deer.
- On Loch Raven Reservoir hunting is prohibited on the Torrey C. Brown Rail Trail/NCR Trail.
- Baltimore City Department of Public Works regulations allow for use of crossbows on Liberty, Loch Raven, and Prettyboy Reservoirs during the entire deer bow season established by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources.
Archery Hunting Permits for Liberty, Loch Raven, and Prettyboy Reservoirs are available online at www.dnr.maryland.gov/huntersguide/lnp.asp.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.