Junior Deer Hunting Days & Bag Limits
Junior Deer Hunting Days are for hunters age 16 or younger only.
To hunt during these days:
- Junior hunters must have completed a Hunter Education Course and received a Certificate of Competency in Firearms and Hunting Safety. (See Maryland Hunting Licenses).
- They must have a Hunting License or be exempt from the license requirement. (See Who May Hunt Without a License on Maryland Hunting Licenses).
- Junior hunters must be accompanied in the field by an individual who:
- is 21 years old or older.
- possesses a valid Maryland hunting license, or is exempt from hunting license requirements.
- is unarmed.
Daily deer shooting hours are one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
Junior Deer Hunt Days 2016
- Nov. 12, statewide
- Sunday, Nov. 13 in certain counties. (See chart, Sunday Deer Hunting.)
Junior Deer Hunt Days Bag Limits:
- Junior Deer Hunting Days have a separate bag limit. Deer taken by junior hunters during these days do not count towards the regular Archery, Muzzleloader, or Firearms Seasons bag limits.
- Junior hunters are NOT required to comply with the antler point restriction during any of the deer seasons. (See White-tailed Antler Point Restrictions.)
- The Region A total bag limit is one (1) antlered or antlerless white-tailed deer for Junior Deer Hunting Days.
- The Region B total bag limit is three (3) white-tailed deer; no more than one (1) may be antlered for Junior Deer Hunting Days.
- The Sika Deer total bag limit is one (1) antlered or antlerless sika deer for Junior Deer Hunting Days.