What’s New / Did You Know?
2019 State Records:
- Gray Triggerfish (Atlantic)
5.6 lbs., 16mi. offshore Ocean City
10/30/2019, Angler: Mike Glyphis
- Atlantic Tripletail (Atlantic)
11 lbs., Baltimore Canyon
10/19/2019, Angler: Don Whittington
- Dolphinfish (Atlantic)
74.5 lbs., outside Poorman’s Canyon
8/16/2019, Angler: Kristy Frashure
- Dolphinfish (Atlantic)*
72.8 lbs., Poorman’s Canyon
7/28/2019, Angler: Jeff Wright
- Florida Pompano (Chesapeake)
3.4 lbs., Stone Rock
7/22/2019, Angler: Scott Hartzell Jr.
- Catfish, Bullhead (Nontidal)
4.9 lbs., Big Gunpowder Falls
5/21/2019, Angler: Nick Palese
- White Hake (Atlantic)
16.7 lbs., Poorman’s Canyon
5/16/2019, Angler: Brian Gay
- Fallfish (Nontidal)
2.1 lbs., Upper Potomac River
3/20/2019, Angler: Adam Aghion
- Longnose Gar (Chesapeake)
17.9 lbs., Marshyhope Creek
1/23/2019, Angler: David Confair
* This record was surpassed
Did you know?
- Changes are coming for striped bass? Keep up to date with the changes at eregulations.com/maryland/fishing/striped-bass/.
- We have new shark rules? See Sharks for details.
- You don’t have to have a paper copy of your license with you? Make sure you have an electronic copy (phone or another device) and a photo ID with you when you’re fishing.
- You have to register your crab pot every year? See Recreational Crabbing Licenses & Crab Pot Registration for details.
- You have to have a license or be registered to fish in the Chesapeake Bay, its tidal tributaries, the Atlantic Ocean, or its coastal bays? See Licenses & Fees for details and exemptions.