Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
The 2014 New Jersey Freshwater Fishing Guide is now available!
To view the new guide, please download the pdf
. Check back in the coming days as we work to put up the new 2014 website.
Below is content from the 2013 guide.
Maryland’s Sea Turtle & Marine Mammal Stranding 24-Hour Hotline
- Call the hotline at 800-628-9944 to report all (live or dead) stranded sea turtles or marine mammals including manatees, dolphins, whales, porpoise and seals.)
- Do not touch, harass, feed or handle live or dead marine animals. Marine mammals and sea turtles are protected by federal and state laws that specify fines of up to $50,000, imprisonment, and/or vessel confiscation.
- Record your location using latitude/longitude, a street
address, and a detailed description of your location
- Estimate and record the length, size, color, noticeable body parts, and any movement of the animal.
- Take photos of the animal.
- If possible, after reporting a stranding, stand by until a staff person contacts you.
- If calling from outside Maryland, please use:
- Live animals: 410-373-0083 (National Aquarium Marine Mammal Rescue Program)
- Dead animals: 443-758-6607 (Maryland Department of Natural Resources Sea Turtle and Marine Animal Program).
- For more information, visit aqua.org/care/national-aquarium-animal-rescue
Sea turtles in Maryland include:
Kemp’s Ridley, Loggerhead, Green and Leatherback
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Maryland Department of Natural Resources allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Maryland Department of Natural Resources Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Maryland Department of Natural Resources neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com