Licenses & Fees
Fishing licenses, stamps and registrations are valid for 365 days from the date of purchase, unless otherwise specified.
Resident Nontidal Sport Fishing License $20.50
Resident 7-Day Nontidal Sport Fishing License $7.50
Resident Trout Stamp $5
Resident Chesapeake Bay and Coastal Sport Fishing License $15
Resident 7-Day Chesapeake Bay and Coastal Sport Fishing License $6
Resident Senior Consolidated Sport Fishing License $5
(65 years or older. License includes tidal, nontidal, and trout stamp. It may be purchased at any time in the calendar year in which you attain the age of 65)
Non-Resident Nontidal Sport Fishing License $30.50*
Non-Resident 7-Day Nontidal Sport Fishing License $7.50*
Non-Resident 3-Day Nontidal Sport Fishing License $5*
*Or the same fee charged to visiting Maryland anglers by a non-resident’s home state, whichever is higher—dnr.maryland.gov/Pages/service_fishing_license.aspx
Non-Resident Trout Stamp $10
Non-Resident Chesapeake Bay and Coastal Sport Fishing License $22.50
Non-Resident 7-Day Chesapeake Bay and Coastal Sport Fishing License $12
Chesapeake Bay and Coastal Sport Boat License $50
- Passengers onboard licensed boats do not need a license. However, they must have a free Maryland Saltwater Angler Registration (see below).
- An individual Chesapeake Bay and Coastal Sport Fishing License and a complimentary individual crabbing license are included for the person who purchases this license.
Maryland Saltwater Angler Registration Free Unless individually licensed, a free registration is required for:
- Passengers on boats with Bay and Coastal Sport Boat Licenses.
- Anglers fishing in designated License Free Fishing Areas.
- Waterfront property owners and family fishing on private property.
- Anglers in possession of a Virginia saltwater recreational fishing license or on a Virginia-licensed boat.