|Maryland features many areas where recreational anglers can fish year-round without a fishing license. When fishing in these areas you are exempt from all license and stamp fees and requirements. You are required to observe all other fishing rules. A free MD/PRFC angler registration is also required for anglers fishing without a license in designated license free fishing areas located in tidal water, you may register online through the Maryland licensing system. |
|Anne Arundel || |
- Annapolis—MD Route 450 old bridge at the Severn River.
|Baltimore County || |
- Cox’s Point on Back River and Deep Creek. Directions: Eastern Blvd. (Rt. 150) to Riverside Drive south.
|Baltimore City || |
- Canton Recreational Pier at Boston Street
- Middle Branch Park from fishing pier south of the Hanover-Pottee Street Bridges, to Hanover Street Bridge over Middle Branch. Directions: Route 2 to Middle Branch Park
- Canton Waterfront Park
|Caroline County || |
- Denton—Pier associated with G. Daniel Crouse Memorial Park on the east side of Choptank River north of MD Route 404 Bridge.
- Federalsburg Municipal Park
- Greensboro Waterfront Park — Upstream of the Sunset Avenue bridge within park boundaries on the Choptank River.
|Cecil County || |
- Charlestown—Town-owned stone wharf on the Northeast River near the corner of Conestoga and Water Streets and the historic site of Charlestown Wharf.
- North East—North East Community Park at mouth of North East Creek.
- Perryville Ice House Park — Within the park boundaries of Ice House Park downstream of the Route 40 bridge on the Susquehanna River.
|Charles County || |
- Friendship Landing—County-owned pier and property adjacent to the pier off Friendship Landing Road southeast of Ironsides Riverside Road (Rt. 425) on Nanjemoy Creek.
|Dorchester County || |
- Cambridge—Long Wharf from south end of city-owned bulkhead associated with the Municipal Yacht Basin within Cambridge Creek to the end of east breakwater at mouth of the Municipal Yacht Basin.
|Frederick County || |
- Gambrill State Park—Banks of the one acre pond located within Gambrill State Park boundaries, near the Park’s campground. (Angler registration not required at this location.)
|Harford County || |
- Havre de Grace—Tydings Memorial Park within designated area, and pier at the end of Congress Street.
- Chestertown—MD Route 213 Bridge over Chester River.
|Somerset County || |
- Crisfield City Dock — City dock/depot area at the end of West Main Street.
- Janes Island State Park—Bulkhead area on Daugherty Creek within the boundaries of Janes Island State Park.
|Wicomico County || |
- Sharptown—Pier and town dock off Ferry Street on the Nanticoke River.
- Salisbury—Designated city-owned bulkhead on the Wicomico River between Mill Street and Division Street.
- Tyaskin Park—County-owned park on Wetipquin Creek west of Rt. 349 at Tyaskin.
|Worcester County || |
- Pocomoke City—City docks from Laurel Street boat ramp to US Route 13 overpass and Winter Quarter dock on Pocomoke River.
- Snow Hill—All city-owned riverfront property which includes Byrd Park, Sturgis Park, and city bulkheading adjacent to the municipal parking lot near the Route 12 bridge over the Pocomoke River.
- Ocean City—Northside Park—Town-owned pier and park at 125th Street.
- Ocean City—Chicago Avenue—Bulkhead between 2nd and 4th Streets.