License Free Fishing Areas
You are required to observe all other fishing laws and regulations. A free MD/PRFC angler registration is also required for anglers fishing without a license in designated license free fishing areas. You may register online through the Maryland licensing system.
- Annapolis—Maryland Route 450 old bridge at the Severn River.
- Cox’s Point on Back River and Deep Creek. Directions: Eastern Blvd. (Rt. 150) to Riverside Drive south.
- Canton Recreational Pier at Boston Street
- Middle Branch Park from fishing pier south of the Hanover—Pottee Street Bridges, to Hanover Street Bridge over Middle Branch. Directions: Route 2 to Middle Branch Park
- Canton Waterfront Park
- Denton—Pier associated with G. Daniel Crouse Memorial Park on the east side of Choptank River north of Maryland Route 404 Bridge.
- Federalsburg Municipal Park
- Charlestown—Town-owned stone wharf on the Northeast River near the corner of Conestoga and Water Streets and the historic site of Charlestown Wharf.
- North East—North East Community Park at mouth of North East Creek.
- Friendship Landing—County-owned pier and property adjacent to the pier off Friendship Landing Road southeast of Ironsides Riverside Road (Rt. 425) on Nanjemoy Creek.
- Cambridge—Long Wharf from south end of city-owned bulkhead associated with the Municipal Yacht Basin within Cambridge Creek to the end of east breakwater at mouth of the Municipal Yacht Basin.
- Gambrill State Park – Banks of the one acre pond located within Gambrill State Park boundaries, near the Park’s campground.
- Havre de Grace—Tydings Memorial Park within designated area, and pier at the end of Congress Street.
- Chestertown—Maryland Route 213 Bridge over Chester River.
- Janes Island State Park—Bulkhead area on Daugherty Creek within the boundaries of Janes Island State Park.
- Sharptown—Pier and town dock off Ferry Street on the Nanticoke River.
- Salisbury—Designated city-owned bulkhead on the Wicomico River between Mill Street and Division Street.
- Tyaskin Park—County-owned park on Wetipquin Creek west of Rt. 349 at Tyaskin.
- Pocomoke City—City docks from Laurel Street boat ramp to U.S. Route 13 overpass and Winter Quarter dock on Pocomoke River.
- Snow Hill-All city-owned riverfront property which includes Byrd Park, Sturgis Park, and city bulkheading adjacent to the municipal parking lot near the Route 12 bridge over the Pocomoke River.
- Ocean City – Northside Park – Town-owned pier and park at 125th Street.
- Ocean City – Chicago Avenue – Bulkhead between 2nd and 4th Streets.