Each revision of this publication is filed with the Secretary of State and, as a result, the rules herein have the force of law as printed.
New Regulations In This Book
The following are some of the more significant changes to the 2013 Maine Fishing Lawbook.
- This lawbook contains fishing regulations for the period beginning April 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013.
- The “No Live Fish as Bait” (S-4) special rule has been applied to several wild brook trout waters to minimize the threat of new species introductions.
- Togue regulations were liberalized on several lakes in Hancock County to reduce their impacts to smelt populations and to improve landlocked salmon growth.
- Unrestricted harvest of illegally-introduced largemouth bass is now permitted on several Washington County waters to minimize their impacts to important smallmouth bass fisheries.
- Maximum length limits (25 inches) for landlocked salmon and brown trout were applied to waters in Hancock County to minimize the possibility of unintentional harvest of federally endangered Atlantic salmon.