The following are some of the more significant changes to the 2012 – 2013 Maine Fishing Lawbook. In addition to several general changes there are numerous changes on individual waters. Please check the body of water you will be fishing.
- The Fishing Lawbook is now in a larger, full color format to better provide information to anglers. Future lawbooks will take advantage of this format, so please contact MDIFW with any comments.
- New regulations that provide for improvement in size quality/growth on select brook trout and landlocked salmon waters.
- Tackle restrictions on waters in most Arctic charr drainages for further protection of this unique species.
- Restrict anglers to the use of artificial lures only during Fall (Oct. – Dec.) fishing in the Southern and Eastern Counties.
- In the Southern and Eastern Counties allow December harvest on select ponds and lakes with put and take stocked brook trout waters. These waters are identified with the letter code D.
- Updated list of fishways with angling restrictions in Laws and Definitions.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.