Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
The 2014 New Jersey Freshwater Fishing Guide is now available!
To view the new guide, please download the pdf
. Check back in the coming days as we work to put up the new 2014 website.
Below is content from the 2013 guide.
The following are some of the more significant changes to the 2012 – 2013 Maine Fishing Lawbook. In addition to several general changes there are numerous changes on individual waters. Please check the body of water you will be fishing.
- The Fishing Lawbook is now in a larger, full color format to better provide information to anglers. Future lawbooks will take advantage of this format, so please contact MDIFW with any comments.
- New regulations that provide for improvement in size quality/growth on select brook trout and landlocked salmon waters.
- Tackle restrictions on waters in most Arctic charr drainages for further protection of this unique species.
- Restrict anglers to the use of artificial lures only during Fall (Oct. – Dec.) fishing in the Southern and Eastern Counties.
- In the Southern and Eastern Counties allow December harvest on select ponds and lakes with put and take stocked brook trout waters. These waters are identified with the letter code D.
- Updated list of fishways with angling restrictions in Laws and Definitions.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
This is not the full law. Consult the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife for further details. All persons are reminded that the statutes, code and regulations are the legal authorities.
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com