Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation
Enter Your Email Address:

Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife

Brought to you by:

Chandler E. Woodcock – Commissioner

Andrea L. Erskine – Deputy Commissioner

Main Office

284 State St., 41 SHS,

Augusta, ME 04333-0041

(207) 287-8000

Web site

Operation Game Thief

1-800-ALERT US (253-7887) In State

(207) 287-6057 Out of State

Regional Communication Centers

If you are in need of the services of a game warden call the Department of Public Safety Dispatch at the following toll-free numbers:

Augusta (800) 452-4664

Gray (800) 228-0857

Houlton (800) 924-2261

Orono (800) 432-7381

NOTE! The State Police numbers may be used to report a fire, ONLY if a fire warden or forest ranger cannot be reached. To report wildfire arson call 1-800-987-0257 — The Maine Forest Service, Department of Conservation

Members of the IF&W Advisory Council

Cathy A. DeMerchant (Vice-Chair)

Androscoggin, Kennebec, and Sagadahoc Counties (207) 923-3287

Michael Witte

Knox, Lincoln, and Waldo Counties (207) 677-2587

Wade Kelly

Aroostook County (207) 398-4478

Alan Greenleaf

Penobscot County (207) 827-4888

Richard Thurston

Cumberland County (207) 885-5441

Lila S. Ware

Piscataquis and Somerset Counties (207) 474-5430

Stephen Philbrick (Chair)

Franklin and Oxford Counties (207) 864-3671

Lance S. Wheaton

Washington County (207) 448-7726

Jeffrey C. Lewis

Hancock County (207) 667-6859

Robert S. Savage

York County (207) 637-2261

Regional-Map.aiAdministrative Regions

Region A – Gray (207) 657-2345

Region B – Sidney (207) 547-5300

Region C – Jonesboro (207) 434-5925

Region D – Strong (207) 778-3322

Region E – Greenville (207) 695-3756

Region F – Enfield (207) 732-4131

Region G – Ashland (207) 435-3231

The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife receives federal funds from the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Accordingly, all Department programs and activities must be operated free from discrimination in regard to race, color, national origin, age, or handicap. Any person who believes that he or she has been discriminated against should write to the Office of Equal Opportunity, U.S. Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C. 20240.

Comments and Complaints

If you wish to make a comment about any member of the Department, please come to or call the closest office (listed on this page), and talk to the appropriate staff member. Written comments should be mailed to:

Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife
284 State Street
41 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0041

Receipt of your correspondence will be formally acknowledged in writing.

Regulations in red are new this year.

Purple text indicates an important note.

Return to the home page
Brought to you by:
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC &, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/ directly at 413-884-1001,
This is not the full law. Consult the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife for further details. All persons are reminded that the statutes, code and regulations are the legal authorities.
J.F. Griffin reaches 20 million sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 47 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 22 state agencies.
For advertising information, please visit: