WMA Basic Season Schedule
Waterfowl (Ducks, Geese and Coots)
- Same as outside unless otherwise specified on certain WMAs (see WMA schedule for details).
- Unless otherwise specified under the specific WMA hunting schedule, the use of dogs for rabbit and squirrel hunting is prohibited.
- Non-toxic shot must be used for snipe, rail and gallinule. Non-toxic shot size 6 and smaller must be used for dove.
Feral hogs may be taken during any legal hunting season on WMAs by properly licensed and/or permitted hunters bearing a license and gear legal for specified seasons in progress, EXCEPT take of hogs is prohibited during nighttime raccoon seasons. Hogs may not be taken with the aid of dogs, EXCEPT feral hogs may be taken with the aid of dogs during the month of February on Attakapas, Bodcau, Clear Creek, Little River, Pearl River, Sabine, Sabine Island, West Bay, and that portion of Dewey W. Wills north of the Catahoula Lake Diversion Canal by self-clearing permit. During this February dog season, all hogs must be killed immediately and may not be transported live under any conditions, and hunters may use centerfire pistols in addition to using guns allowed for season in progress. In addition, feral hogs may be taken on Atchafalaya Delta, Pass-a-Loutre, Pointe-aux-Chenes and Salvador/Timken WMAs from Feb. 16 – March 31 with archery gear, shotguns loaded with buckshot or slugs or rimfire rifles no larger than .22 caliber. Additional requirements may be specified under individual WMAs.
- Same as outside unless otherwise specified on certain WMAs (see WMA schedule for closures and details).
- Hunting after 2 p.m. is prohibited on all WMAs EXCEPT for Atchafalaya Delta, Biloxi, Pass-a-Loutre and Salvador/Timken WMAs. Consult the specific WMA regulations for shooting hours on these WMAs.
Outlaw quadrupeds and birds may be taken during any legal hunting season on WMAs by properly licensed and/or permitted hunters bearing a license and gear legal for specified seasons in progress. See page Quadrupeds & Resident Birds for seasons and regulations pertaining to crows, blackbirds, grackles and cowbirds.
Outlaw Quadrupeds (Coyotes, Armadillos & Feral Hogs) and Birds
Acadiana Conservation Corridor
|Owner: LDWF (2,285 acres, Lafayette Office)|
No motorized vehicles allowed and no access via I-49 right-of way. Self-Clearing Permits required for all activities.
|Deer Archery (bucks only): Oct. 1-15 |
Deer Archery (either-sex): Oct. 16 – Feb. 15
|All other seasons CLOSED.|