Major Changes for 2019
- Banning the use of natural deer urine, unless produced under Archery Trade Association Deer Protection Program standards and certified to be tested and “CWD Not Detected.”
- Inclusion of Louisiana lands east of the Mississippi River in East Carroll, Madison and Tensas parishes in the cervid carcass ban.
- Prohibiting the public operation of water control structures on WMAs.
- Requirement that all WMA users must utilize a WMA Self Clearing Permit for all activities.
- Removal of the 72 hour Self Clearing Permit checkout for camping on WMA.
- Removal of turkey seasons on Attakapas Island and Dewey Wills WMAs.
- Removal of mandatory deer check requirement for Sunday following Thanksgiving managed deer hunts on Ft. Polk and Peason Ridge WMAs.
- Prohibition of all nighttime activities on Pointe-aux-Chenes WMA.
- Prohibition of commercial fishing in Wonder Lake on Pointe-aux-Chenes WMA.
- Reduction from 16 to nine days for Richard K. Yancey WMA turkey season.
- Reduction from five to three days for Sherburne WMA turkey season.
- Prohibition on the use of motorized turkey decoys.
- Moving of all of Pointe Coupee and West Baton Rouge parishes and parts of Avoyelles, Iberville, St. Landry and upper St. Martin parishes from Turkey Area A to Turkey Area C.