Major Changes for 2018-2019 Hunting Regulations
- Hunting Licenses may now be purchased online at the following link: la-web.s3licensing.com. Also, deer and turkey hunters may validate tags by calling the validation toll free number, 1-844-LACHECK (1-844-522-4325) or using the validation website: la-web.s3licensing.com.
- The New Iberia and Opelousas field offices have been combined and moved to the Lafayette Field Office [address: 200 Dulles Dr., Lafayette, LA 70506; phone: 337-262-2080].
- Deer Areas 4 and 6 – Change in boundary, placing all of West Feliciana Parish within Area 6.
- Deer Areas 5 and 9 – Changes in deer seasons, shifting either-sex primitive season earlier in the framework.
- Deer Area 7 – Change in opening and closing date of Archery.
- Prohibition on the use of drones on WMAs.
- Bayou Pierre and Russell Sage WMAs – Addition of PCHP wheelchair confined waterfowl blinds.
- Tunica Hills WMA – Addition of a Small Game Emphasis Area.
- Addition of vessel language as an allowable means of camping on WMAs and where those vessels may camp.
- Adjustment of deer seasons on Attakapas, Boeuf, Clear Creek, Grassy Lake, Joyce, Pass-A-Loutre, Richard K. Yancey, Sabine, Thistlethwaite and West Bay WMAs.
- Addition of days for small game hunting with dogs on Boeuf, J.C. Sonny Gilbert, Little River, Loggy Bayou, Russell Sage, Sabine and Soda Lake WMAs.
- Boeuf and Russell Sage WMAs – Establishment of Limited Access Areas.
- Russell Sage WMA – Prohibition on use of motorized vessels on Wham Brake Impoundment.