A Hunter’s Pledge
Responsible hunting provides unique challenges and rewards. However, the future of the sport depends on each hunter’s behavior and ethics. Therefore, as a hunter, I pledge to:
- Respect the environment and wildlife.
- Respect property and landowners.
- Show consideration for non-hunters.
- Hunt safely.
- Know and obey the law.
- Support wildlife and habitat conservation.
- Pass on an ethical hunting tradition.
- Strive to improve my outdoor skills and understanding of wildlife.
- Hunt only with ethical hunters.By following these principles of conduct each time I go afield, I will give my best to the sport, the public, the environment and myself. The responsibility to hunt ethically is mine; the future of hunting depends on me.
Regulations of the U.S. Department of the Interior and U.S. Department of Commerce strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination in departmental federally assisted programs on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, or handicap. Any person who believes he or she has been discriminated against in any program, activity, or facility operated by a recipient of federal assistance should write to: Director, Office for Equal Opportunity, U.S. Department of the Interior, Washington D.C. 20240.