Major Changes for 2021
- During the 2020 legislative session, Res/NR Purple Heart licenses were created (see Licensing section).
- Bussey Brake has been added with special fishing regulations. See Freshwater Size & Creel Limits and WMAs.
- Detailed information on Best Fishing Practices is now available on our website at: www.wlf.la.gov/page/best-fishing-practices. See General Information for more information.
Please refer to the LDWF website for current information: www.wlf.la.gov/fishing/recreational-fishing
- During 2021, the use of recreational crab traps will be prohibited in designated derelict crab trap cleanup areas. Please check our website for the most recent information.
- During the 2019 legislative session, language was amended regarding the placement of escape rings in crab traps.
- The recreational minimum length limits for male shortfin mako sharks has changed to 71 inches fork length and 83 inches fork length for female shortfin mako sharks.
- The minimum length limit of recreationally harvested cobia has changed to 36 inches fork length.