The following regulation changes take effect in 2014 (Indiana Administrative Code listing in parentheses):
Hunter Orange and Ground Blinds (312 IAC 9-2-15):
- Hunter orange is required on ground blinds when used between a half-hour before sunrise to a half-hour after sunset when hunting any species of wild animal during the deer special youth season, and the firearms, muzzleloader, and special antlerless only deer seasons.
Non-Resident Youth Deer License (312 IAC 9-3-2):
- Adds the non-resident youth extra deer bonus antlerless license type for use in the special youth deer season.
Deer Hunting Equipment (312 IAC 9-3-3):
- Allows a draw-loc device to be used with archery equipment during the archery season.
- Allows the use of over-and-under combination rifle-shotguns.
Nuisance Wild Animals (312 IAC 9-3-15):
- Allows private property owners to use legal methods to take a nuisance mute swan on their own property without a permit, which already is allowed for raccoons, opossums, and several other species.
Cottontail Rabbits (312 IAC 9-3-16):
- Modifies the rabbit season into a single statewide season beginning Nov. 1 and ending Feb. 28. The season for public and private land is now the same.
Squirrels (312 IAC 9-3-17):
- A squirrel hunter is required to wear hunter orange from Nov. 1 through the remainder of the season. Nov. 1 matches the new starting date for rabbit, pheasant and quail seasons.
Migratory birds and waterfowl (312 IAC 9-4-2):
- Only non-toxic shot may be used to hunt mourning doves on state properties.
- When hunting mourning doves, Eurasian collared doves can be harvested and not count against the individual daily bag limit, provided the head and at least one wing is left on all harvested doves while in the field.
Ring-necked Pheasants (312 IAC 9-4-8):
- Pheasant season dates are concurrent with the quail season in the north zone from Nov. 1 to Dec. 15.
Bobwhite quail (312 IAC 9-4-9):
- Makes Interstate 74 the new boundary line between north and south zones for bobwhite quail hunting.
- Subtracts two days from the quail hunting season in the south zone (Nov. 1 to Jan. 10) and reduces the bag limit to four in the north zone (Nov. 1 to Dec. 15).