Sept. 7-Oct. 6 for quota permit holders only (The number of available Quota Permits is shown in blue below). Season limit of 1 per quota permit holder. Legal alligators must be 48 inches or longer from end of snout to tip of tail. Participants must be at least 12 years of age. Areas open for the harvest of alligators are limited to 9 zones with zone specific quotas as follows:
- Zone 1 Q65 Calhoun, Chattahoochee, Clay, Early, Marion, Muscogee, Quitman, Randolph, Stewart, Terrell, and Webster Cos.
- Zone 2 Q140 Baker, Decatur, Grady, Miller, Mitchell, and Seminole Cos.
- Zone 3 Q60 Crawford, Crisp, Dooly, Dougherty, Houston, Lee, Macon, Peach, Schley, Sumter, Taylor, and Worth Cos.
- Zone 4 Q85 Berrien, Brooks, Colquitt, Cook, Irwin, Lanier, Lowndes, Thomas, Tift, and Turner Cos.
- Zone 5 Q70 Ben Hill, Bibb, Bleckley, Coffee, Dodge, Jeff Davis, Laurens, Montgomery, Pulaski, Telfair, Treutlen, Twiggs, Wheeler, Wilcox and Wilkinson Cos.
- Zone 6 Q100 Atkinson, Bacon, Brantley, Camden, Charlton, Clinch, Echols, Pierce, and Ware Cos.
- Zone 7 Q130 Appling, Glynn, Long, McIntosh, Tattnall, Toombs, and Wayne Cos.
- Zone 8 Q120 Bryan, Bulloch, Candler, Chatham, Effingham, Evans and Liberty Cos.
- Zone 9 Q80 Burke, Emanuel, Glascock, Jefferson, Jenkins, Johnson, Richmond, Screven, and Washington Cos.
On WMAs in the open zones, alligators may be taken during open small game dates that coincide with the open season for alligator (unless otherwise specified) by valid permit holders only. WMA license required. No alligator hunting on National Wildlife Refuges.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.