Stopping, Standing, and Parking
- On the street side of any parked vehicle;
- On a sidewalk;
- Within an intersection;
- On a crosswalk;
- Between a safety zone and the adjacent curb;
- Alongside or opposite any street excavation or obstruction when stopping, standing, or parking would obstruct traffic;
- Upon a bridge or overpass, or within a highway tunnel;
- On any railroad tracks;
- On a controlled access highway;
- In the area between roadways on a divided highway, including crossovers;
- At any place marked by a no-parking sign.
Stopping, Standing or Parking is permitted only momentarily to pick up or drop off passengers under the following conditions:
- In front of a public or private driveway;
- Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant;
- Within 20 feet of a crosswalk at an intersection;
- Within 30 feet of a stop sign, yield sign, or traffic control signal;
- Within 20 feet of a fire station driveway;
- Within 75 feet of the spot across the street from a fire station driveway;
- Within 50 feet of a railroad crossing;
- At any place where official signs prohibit standing.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.