- Apply mud, dirt, dust or snow. Check ditch for water.
- Use hub cap to carry water to wet apparel.
- Loosen dirt with tire tool to throw on fire.
- Slap the pedal with foot.
- Shift to neutral.
- Concentrate on steering.
- Use brakes.
- Turn off ignition (not to lock).
- Shift to lower gear.
- Use parking brakes.
- Rub tire on the curb.
- Look for a safe area to slow to a stop.
- Test brakes lightly after driving through deep water. Brakes may pull to one side or may not hold at all.
- Dry brakes by driving slowly in low gear while applying brakes lightly.