Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation
Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter

Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
No Thanks!

Georgia Outdoor Recreational Pass (GORP)

Brought to you by:

Beginning January 1, 2012, the Georgia Outdoor Recreational Pass (GORP) is required to use 32 properties owned by Georgia Wildlife Resources Division. This includes all Public Fishing Areas except for Rocky Mountain PFA. If you are ages 16 to 64, you must have a GORP or one of the following to access the PFAs:

  • 3-Day Fishing/Hunting License
  • Sportsmen’s License
  • Lifetime or Honorary License
  • Wildlife Management Area License

Traditionally, these properties—Wildlife Management Areas and Public Fishing Areas—have been supported financially by revenue from hunting and fishing licenses as well as federal funds from the Sport Fish and Wildlife Restoration Program. While WMAs and PFAs are managed primarily for wildlife habitat, uses such as hiking, horseback riding and other activities are also allowed. The GORP offers these users a way to contribute to the upkeep of the properties.

  • GORP 3-Day: $3.50
  • GORP Plus Fishing 3-Day (residents only): $3.50
  • GORP Annual: $19
  • Small Group, 3-Day: $10
  • Small Group, Annual: $35

For a complete list of GORP User Fee Areas, visit Transaction fees apply.

Regulations in red are new this year.

Purple text indicates an important note.

Return to the home page
Brought to you by:
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Georgia Department of Natural Resources allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Georgia Department of Natural Resources Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC &, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Georgia Department of Natural Resources neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/ directly at 413-884-1001,
JF Griffin Media
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: