Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
Steps to Parallel Parking
When attempting to parallel park, drive past the parking space you wish to use and stop when you are approximately even with the car ahead of the space (you should be approximately 2 feet from the other car – door to door).
- Turn your wheels sharply to the right and back slowly toward the car behind the space you wish to use;
- As your front door passes the back bumper of the car ahead of the space you wish to use, quickly straighten your wheels and continue to back diagonally into the space in a straight line;
- When your front bumper is completely clear of the car ahead of you, turn your wheels sharply to the left and back slowly toward the car behind you;
- Stop before making contact with the car behind you. Place the car in drive, turn your wheels sharply to the right and pull toward the center of the parking space;
- Always give the appropriate turn signal prior to beginning your parking maneuver and when you exit from a parallel parking space.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The The Official Manual from the Georgia Department of Driver Services allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with The Official Manual from the Georgia Department of Driver Services Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The The Official Manual from the Georgia Department of Driver Services neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com