Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation
Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter

Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
No Thanks!

Secure ID Documentation Requirements

Brought to you by:

Acceptable documents for non-U.S. citizens

First Immigration Document

(For Proof of Identity)

Second Immigration Document

(For Proof of Lawful Presence)

Unexpired Foreign Passport with valid U.S. Visa (Immigration Status A, B, E, H, I, L, O, P, Q, R, or S) and valid I-94 or I-797

Not required

Unexpired Foreign Passport with valid U.S. Visa (Immigration Status F-1, F-2, J-1, J-2, M-1 or M-2) and valid I-94 or I-797

I-20 (for F-1, F-2, M-1, or M-2 Status) or DS-2019 (for J-1 or J-2 Status)

I-94 with Asylee or Refugee Status/Stamp

Not Required

I-766 with Temporary Protection Status

Not Required

I-766 without Temporary Protection Status

Unexpired Foreign Passport

I-551 or I-551 Stamp with photo on I-94 form

Not Required

I-551 Stamp

Unexpired Foreign Passport

Visa Waiver Stamp

Unexpired Foreign Passport

Proof of Name Change

If the name on your proof of identity document does not match the current name on your Driver’s License or ID Card, please provide one of the following:

  • U.S. Passport or Passport Card – must be valid, not expired with current name;
  • Divorce Decree – Stating the name change, Original or certified copy;
  • Court Order for Legal Name Change – Original or certified copy;
  • Court Adoption Document – Original or certified copy;
  • Marriage Certificate/License – Original or certified copy; Note – Photocopy is acceptable for those customers who hold a valid GA Driver’s License or ID – Card
  • Marriage License Application – Original or certified copy.


Existing Georgia Customers may use the following for proving name change due to marriage if they cannot locate their Marriage certificate or if it is a Church issued certificate. Please redact account numbers.

  • Social Security Administration document showing married name plus one of the following:
  • Bank Account/Financial Statement in married name (please redact account number);
  • Death Certificate for Spouse;
  • W-2 Form in married name;
  • Federal/State Tax Return in married name;
  • Medicare or Medicaid Card in married name;
  • Property Deed, Property Tax Bill or Vehicle Registration in married name;
  • Military ID Card or Military Dependent ID Card in married name.


Existing Georgia Customers whose names have changed for reasons other than marriage who hold a valid GA Driver’s License or ID Card must present the original or certified document which supports the most recent name change;

Customers who are new to Georgia must provide the complete trail of original or certified documents which support ALL name changes or a valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card with the current name.

Proof of Social Security Number

Bring 1 of the following documents:

Proof of Georgia Residency

Bring 2 from any of the following document categories:


The two documents must be from separate sources or separate accounts (please redact account numbers).

The documents must show your name and current residential address. P.O. Boxes do not prove residency.

Regulations in red are new this year.

Purple text indicates an important note.

Return to the home page
Brought to you by:
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The The Official Manual from the Georgia Department of Driver Services allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with The Official Manual from the Georgia Department of Driver Services Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC &, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The The Official Manual from the Georgia Department of Driver Services neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/ directly at 413-884-1001,
JF Griffin Media
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: