Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
The 2014 New Jersey Freshwater Fishing Guide is now available!
To view the new guide, please download the pdf
. Check back in the coming days as we work to put up the new 2014 website.
Below is content from the 2013 guide.
On Public Fishing Areas It Is Unlawful To:
- Operate boats on ponds or lakes posted as closed to boats.
- Operate gas outboard motors unless lake is posted as being open to the use of outboard motors. NOTE: Gas motors, if allowed, must be operated at idle speed only.
- Consume alcoholic beverages except at campsites on the area. No alcoholic beverages are allowed anywhere on Rocky Mountain PFA.
- Fish in a pond or lake that has been posted “closed.”
- Fish with any gear other than pole and line.
- Fish with more than two poles and lines.
- Use or possess live fish (minnows) for bait, unless otherwise posted.
- Operate personal watercraft (jet skis), sailboats, or sailboards.
- Drive on any closed road or block any gate.
- Camp any place other than designated camping areas. NOTE: Contact the PFA before visiting for regulations regarding camping.
- Swim, except at Rocky Mountain Recreation and PFA beach.
- Allow children under 14 years of age to be on PFA without adult supervision.
- Ride horses in restricted areas or areas not designated as open to equestrian use.
- Fish at night, unless otherwise posted.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Georgia Department of Natural Resources allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Georgia Department of Natural Resources Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Georgia Department of Natural Resources neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
This is not the full law. Consult theGeorgia Department of Natural Resources for further details. All persons are reminded that the statutes, code and regulations are the legal authorities.
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com