Go Fish Georgia Initiative
The Go Fish Georgia Initiative, a program expected to boost economic development and tourism across the state, is making Georgia more competitive by establishing the State as a national fishing destination through a three-tiered approach:
- improving the quality of fishing in Georgia waters;
- improving access to water bodies for fishing in Georgia; and
- increasing participation through active promotion and marketing of Georgia’s exceptional fishing resources.
Accomplishments to Date
- The Georgia Bass Trail consists of large capacity boat ramps built through a partnership between local and state organizations. Seventeen tournament-style ramps will be built through partnerships.
- The Go Fish Educational Center in Perry is fully operational. The center teaches the public about fish and wildlife habitat, fishing traditions and techniques, and where to fish in Georgia.
- Coming soon is the Trophy Bass Program, which will be developed in 2012.
To learn more, visit gofishgeorgia.com/fishing/go-fish-georgia.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.