The FWC has a number of special opportunity hunts for sportsmen. These provide excellent chances to bag turkeys, released quail and quality deer. Hunters can submit as many applications as they want but a $5 nonrefundable application fee that must be submitted with each separate application. The cost of the permits ranges from $50 to $175. To find out when you may apply for any of these special opportunity hunts, see Limited entry hunts — application periods on this same page.
Special-opportunity fall hunts
- Blackwater WMA Carr Unit: Released quail hunts. Sixteen seven-day hunts. Each hunt – $100; permit allows four hunters on 590 acres. Hunters must provide their own quail for release.
- Fort Drum WMA: One seven-day general gun deer/hog hunt – $50; 20 hunters on 20,858 acres.
- Green Swamp WMA West Unit: Two archery and three general gun deer/hog hunts. Each four-day hunt – $100; 54 hunters on 34,335 acres.
- Lake Panasoffkee WMA: Eight archery Deer/hog hunts. Each four-day hunt – $100; 20 hunters on 8,676 acres.
- Triple N Ranch WMA: Two general gun Deer/hog hunts. Each seven-day hunt – $175; 15 hunters on 16,295 acres.
The FWC has created some dove hunting opportunities throughout the state.
- Dove Club permits allow an adult permit holder and one youth (under age 16) to participate in all scheduled hunts for a designated dove field. These permits cost $150.
- Daily Dove permits allow an adult permit holder and one youth (under age 16) to participate in one hunt on a designated dove field. These permits cost $35.
- Punta Gorda, Royce and Dupuis Dove permits allow one adult and one youth (under age 16) to hunt together on the selected area. Visit MyFWC.com/Dove to get the latest information on special-opportunity dove hunts and dove fields on Florida’s WMAs.
Special-opportunity spring turkey hunts
- Fisheating Creek WMA East: Two seven-day hunts. Each hunt – $175; 10 hunters on 18,272 acres.
- Fort Drum WMA: Three seven-day hunts. Each hunt – $50; five hunters on 20,858 acres.
- Green Swamp WMA West Unit: 34,335 acres divided into three units with eight hunters per unit. Five hunts per unit. Each four-day hunt – $100.
- Homosassa WMA: Two seven-day hunts. Each hunt – $175; five hunters on 5,675 acres.
- Lake George WMA Dexter/Mary Farm Unit: 14,377 acres divided into three zones with four hunters per zone. Three hunts per zone. Each seven-day hunt – $175.
- Lake Panasoffkee WMA: Three four-day hunts. Each hunt – $100; 10 hunters on 8,676 acres.
- Triple N Ranch WMA: Three seven-day hunts. Each hunt – $175; 10 hunters on 16,295 acres.
Waterfowl and snipe hunt permits
- T.M. Goodwin and Broadmoor Marsh Unit waterfowl and snipe permits
- Ocklawaha Prairie waterfowl and snipe permits
- September waterfowl permits
- Stormwater Treatment Areas (STA) waterfowl permits
- Youth waterfowl permits
- Merritt Island waterfowl permits
Antlerless deer permits – wildlife management areas (WMAs)
Antlerless deer permits are available in limited numbers on special-opportunity hunts and firearms hunts on some WMAs. To be eligible for antlerless deer permits:
- You must check “Yes” to the antlerless deer question on the quota permit application, AND
- You must be awarded a quota permit for an area during the Phase I random drawing that allows antlerless deer permits.
- Special-opportunity and recreational use permit holders will automatically be included in the antlerless deer permit drawing (if permits are available for that area).
Limited entry/quota permits – application periods
Limited entry/quota permits – application periods: For up-to-date information about when to apply for limited entry/quota permits, please visit MyFWC.com/Hunting under Limited Entry/Quota Hunts.