2019 Major Changes
Major regulation and rule changes for this season are listed below. There are many other changes not listed here. Hunters are responsible for learning requirements and regulations pertaining to the types of hunting they pursue.
- The new annual statewide bag limit is 5 deer per hunter of which no more than 2 deer can be antlerless. See deer bag limits on Deer Seasons & Bag Limits.
- All deer hunters now must log and report their deer harvest. See General Information for details.
- A youth deer hunt weekend has been established in all four hunting zones. Youth 15-years-old and younger can harvest 1 antlered or antlerless deer (except spotted fawn). Youth must be supervised by an adult. See Deer Seasons & Bag Limits for season dates and details.
- Youth 15-years-old and younger are now limited to 1 antlered deer annually that does not meet DMU antler point regulations. See Deer Management Units (PDF) for details.
- The Youth Waterfowl Hunting Days have been modified to occur the Saturday before the start of the regular waterfowl season and the second Saturday after the season ends. See Migratory Bird Hunting Seasons & Bag Limits for dates and details.
- Shooting hours during spring turkey season on most WMAs has been extended until sunset.