Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
General Snappers Regulations:
- Within state waters of the Atlantic and Gulf, the snapper aggregate bag limit is 10 fish per harvester unless the species rule specifies that it is not included in the aggregate. This means that a harvester can retain a total of 10 snappers in any combination of species. Exceptions are noted below.
Atlantic GrouperGeneral Regulations:
- Atlantic grouper regulations apply to all state waters of the Atlantic and all state waters off Monroe County (Gulf and Atlantic sides).
- Atlantic grouper aggregate bag limit is 3 fish which means that no harvester shall retain more than 3 Atlantic groupers in any combination of species.
- Zero bag limit for captain and crew of for-hire vessels applies to all species of grouper.
Gulf Grouper General Regulations:
- Gulf grouper regulations apply to all state waters of the Gulf except off Monroe County (where Atlantic rules apply).
- Gulf grouper aggregate bag limit is 4 fish which means that no harvester can retain more than 4 Gulf grouper in any combination of species.
- Zero bag limit for captain and crew of for-hire vessels applies to Gag, Black, and Red Grouper only.
All art: © Diane Rome Peebles, except snowy grouper (Duane Raver)
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com