Florida Saltwater Fishing
This publication is provided as a guide to Florida fishing laws and regulations. The Florida Administrative Code is the final authority on fishing laws. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) strives to ensure information in this booklet is accurate, but assumes no liability for any errors that occur in this publication. Contact the FWC if you have any questions on issues not covered in this booklet. A continuously updated electronic version of this publication is available at MyFWC.com/Fishing by clicking on “Saltwater” and “Recreational Regulations.”
How your license fee helps
The money collected from saltwater fishing licenses is used to improve and restore fish habitat and for marine fisheries research, law enforcement and public education on marine resources. An additional $.50 fee will be charged for any license or permit not purchased directly from the county tax collector. Obtain immediate license privileges, 24 hours a day, at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com or by calling toll-free 888-FISH-FLORIDA (347-4356). Processing fees will apply to telephone and Internet sales.
Subject to change due to availability of appropriate facilities to hold the meeting.
- Sept. 8–9, 2016 — Amelia Island / St. Augustine
- Nov. 16–17, 2016 — St. Petersburg
For more information about Commission meeting dates, times, locations and agendas, visit MyFWC.com and click on “About” and “Commission Meetings” on the top of the page.
Visit the FWC booth at these upcoming events to pick up your copy of the Recreational Saltwater Fishing Regulations and Fishing Lines: Angler’s Guide
to Florida’s Marine Resources. For more information call 850-487-0554 or
visit MyFWC.com/Fishing and click on “Saltwater” and “Outreach and
Shows and Expositions
- July 13, ICAST, Orlando
- October 8–9, Florida Sportsman Expo, Tampa
- October 22, FWRI’s Marine Quest, St. PetersburgKids’ Fishing Clinics
- July 16, Palm Coast
- September 17, Sarasota
- November 5, SteinhatcheeWomen’s Fishing ClinicsWomen’s Fishing Clinics will be held in March, April, May, and June. Dates and locations have not been determined at this time. Please see: MyFWC.com for more information or contact the FWC – Division of Marine Fisheries Management at: 850-487-0554.