Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
General FMA Regulations
- A fishing license is required for residents from 16 to 64 years of age, and for nonresidents 16 or more years of age, to fish by any method, including cane poles, on a Fish Management Area. Refer to Fishing License Fees for exemptions (Licenses and License Exceptions).
- The possession of fishing tackle is prohibited on any Fish Management Area that is closed to fishing.
- Bag limits and methods of taking freshwater fish apply except as provided for a particular Fish Management Area.
- The possession of nets (other than legal minnow seines, cast nets or dip nets), fish traps, trotlines or setlines is prohibited unless specifically authorized by rules established for a particular Fish Management Area.
- Persons entering or leaving Fish Management Areas that have designated entry points shall enter or leave only at such designated points.
- Any vehicle, boat or other transportation device may be searched while in, entering or leaving a Fish Management Area.
- Fish Management Areas may be temporarily closed to accommodate management projects (e.g., drawdowns), or if unsafe conditions exist, or as otherwise specified in a specific Fish Management Area rule.
- Intentional release of wildlife or freshwater fish on Fish Management Areas is prohibited.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com