Operation Game Theft
What is “Operation Game Theft”?
The Operation Game Theft Fund was established by the 130th General Assembly to assist in the apprehension and conviction of game law violators. The fund is comprised of all the fines levied for violation of game laws in this state and donations. The Legislature delegated the authority to the Division of Fish and Wildlife to designate offenses for which rewards will be paid and the amount of the reward.
What types of offenses are covered under the O.G.T. Program?
Up to $1,000.00 can be rewarded for information leading to the arrest and conviction of a person(s) involved in:
Class 1 – Reward up to $1,000.00
- Commercialization of Wildlife.
- Killing of an endangered/threatened species.
Class 2 – Reward up to $500.00
- Over limit of black ducks, canvasbacks, turkeys or Canada geese.
- Poisoning wildlife.
- Interstate transportation of illegally taken wildlife.
- Gross over limits of wildlife.
- Illegally hunting or trapping on a state game refuge.
- Hunting/Trapping out of season.
- Possessing, tending or setting killer traps with a jaw spread in excess of 5 inches.
- Illegally hunting at night.
Class 3 – Reward: up to $100.00
- Hunting with an illegal type of weapon.
- Hunting from a motor vehicle.
Note: An additional $100 reward will be given by the Delaware Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone illegally killing a wild turkey in Delaware.
How do I get paid?
You will be paid in cash by the agent to whom you gave your name.
Will my identity be confidential?
Will I get paid for any information that I provide?
No. Only information which leads to the arrest and conviction of a violator. (Specific offenses covered)
To report game law violations call: