Essential NEWS AND REMINDERS FOR THE 2016/2017 HUNTING/Trapping SEASON
GRAY FOX TRAPPING RESTRICTIONS
- New gray fox harvest restrictions and reporting requirements.
HUNTING LICENSE STRUCTURE AND FEES
- Delaware hunting license structure and fees may be subject to change. Please stay current by consulting www.fw.delaware.gov or (302) 739-9918.
Feral Swine Regulations
- It shall be unlawful to release swine (pigs) into the wild, charge a fee for the purpose of killing swine, or shoot swine without first obtaining a permit from the Division.
FALCONRY SEASONS (HUNTING WITH THE AID OF A FALCON)
- For falconry season dates and bag limits, please contact the Division of Fish & Wildlife at (302) 735-3600.
Hunter/Trapper Registration System
- Hunters and trappers that need to register a harvested deer or obtain a HIP Number, License Exempt Number (LEN), or Snow Goose Conservation Order Permit Number may do so by visiting www.dnrec.delaware.gov/delhunt or by calling the toll free number 1-855-DEL-HUNT (1-855-335-4868). Note that the Snow Goose Conservation Order Permit is only available through the web site. If you have problems with these systems, call (302) 735-3600 during normal business hours (8:00a.m. – 4:30p.m.) Monday – Friday.
License Exempt Hunters
- Hunters and trappers that are license exempt are required to obtain an annual License Exempt Number (LEN) at no cost.
- Conservation Order: The snow goose Conservation Order is expected to reopen during the winter and spring of 2017 after other waterfowl hunting is closed.
POSSIBLE SUNDAY DEER HUNTING OPPORTUNITIES