Essential News & Reminders

Hunting Regulations Icon Delaware Hunting

Conservation Access Pass

All registered motor vehicles used to access State Wildlife Areas must have a Conservation Access Pass. A Pass will be issued free to hunters, if requested, with the purchase of a hunting license. See Conservation Access Pass

for more information.

Feral Swine Regulations

  • It shall be unlawful to release swine (pigs) into the wild, charge a fee for the purpose of killing swine, or shoot swine without first obtaining a permit from the Division.

Falconry Seasons (Hunting with the aid of a Falcon)

  • For falconry season dates and bag limits, please contact the Division of Fish & Wildlife at (302) 735-3600.

Hunter/Trapper Registration System

  • Hunters and trappers that need to register a harvested deer or obtain a HIP Number, License Exempt Number (LEN), or Snow Goose Conservation Order Permit Number may do so by visiting www.dnrec.delaware.gov/delhunt or by calling the toll free number 1-855-DEL-HUNT (1-855-335-4868). Note that the Snow Goose Conservation Order Permit is only available through the web site. If you have problems with these systems, call (302) 735-3600 during normal business hours (8:00a.m. – 4:30p.m.) Monday – Friday.

License Exempt Hunters

  • Hunters and trappers that are license exempt are required to obtain an annual License Exempt Number (LEN) at no cost.

See Licensing & Permits for more information.

Sunday Deer Hunting Opportunities

See the Deer Hunting Section for more information.

Potential Regulation Changes

At the time of printing, the Division of Fish & Wildlife was considering changes to regulations that would change statewide hunting and trapping regulations as well as rules concerning the use of State Wildlife Areas. Please check the Division’s website prior to the hunting and trapping seasons to determine the outcome of these proposed changes. www.de.gov/fw