Essential NEWS AND REMINDERS FOR THE 2015-2016 HUNTING/Trapping SEASON
NEW CWD RESTRICTIONS
- New counties have been added to Virginia and Pennsylvania’s list of counties with deer carcass import restrictions.
See Chronic Wasting Disease for more information.
Hunting and Trapping Regulation Changes
New hunting and trapping regulation changes were implemented in 2014 for the following:
- Coyote hunting and trapping season
- Nutria trapping season
- Trapping methods
- Red fox trapping season
See Furbearer Hunting & Trapping for more information.
Feral Swine Regulations
- It shall be unlawful to release swine (pigs) into the wild, charge a fee for the purpose of killing swine, or shoot swine without first obtaining a permit from the Division.
Hunter/Trapper Registration System
- Hunters and trappers that need to register a harvested deer or obtain a HIP Number, License Exempt Number (LEN), or Snow Goose Conservation Order Permit Number may do so by visiting www.dnrec.delaware.gov/delhunt or by calling the toll free number 1-855-DEL-HUNT (1-855-335-4868). Note that the Snow Goose Conservation Order Permit is only available through the web site. If you have problems with these systems, call (302) 735-3600 during normal business hours (8:00a.m. – 4:30p.m.) Monday – Friday.
License Exempt Hunters
- Hunters and trappers that are license exempt are required to obtain an annual License Exempt Number (LEN) at no cost.
See Licensing & Permits for more information.
- Conservation Order: The snow goose Conservation Order is expected to reopen during the winter and spring of 2016 after other waterfowl hunting is closed.
See Migratory Bird for more information.