- Deer license tags – Hunters now receive 4 antlerless deer tags with their hunting license instead of 2 doe tags and 2 antlerless tags.
See Deer Hunting for more information.
NEW CWD RESTRICTIONS
- New counties have been added to Pennsylvania’s list of counties with deer carcass import restrictions.
See Chronic Wasting Disease for more information.
New Hunting and Trapping Regulation Changes
- Coyote hunting and trapping season
- Nutria trapping season
- Trapping methods
- Red fox trapping season
See Furbearers for more information.
Feral Swine Regulations Developed
- It shall be unlawful to release swine (pigs) into the wild, charge a fee for the purpose of killing swine, or shoot swine without first obtaining a permit from the Division.
Hunter/Trapper Registration System
- Hunters and trappers that need to register a harvested deer or obtain a HIP Number, License Exempt Number (LEN), or Snow Goose Conservation Order Permit Number may do so by visiting www.dnrec.delaware.gov/delhunt or by calling the toll free number 1-855-DEL-HUNT (1-855-335-4868). Note that the Snow Goose Conservation Order Permit is only available through the web site. If you have problems with these systems, call (302) 735-3600 during normal business hours (8:00a.m. – 4:30p.m.) Monday – Friday.
License Exempt Hunters
- Hunters and trappers that are license exempt are required to obtain an annual License Exempt Number (LEN) at no cost.
See Licensing and Permits for more information.
- Conservation Order: The snow goose Conservation Order is expected to reopen during the winter and spring of 2015 after other waterfowl hunting is closed.
See Migratory Bird Hunting for more information.